No one knows the mysteries of life or its ultimate meaning, but for those who are willing to believe in their dreams and in themselves, life is a precious gift in which anything is possible.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila/Cavite, Philippines

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size But when I start to tell them, They think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms The span of my hips, The stride of my step, The curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That's me.

Mood of the Day: The current mood of labe214 at www.imood.com

Previous Posts Co-Bloggers B L U R B S
Hang-Out Sites Picturesque
    www.flickr.com
    kaili_alana's photos More of kaili_alana's photos
What's the TIME?
The WeatherPixie Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Looking Beyond Borders

This has been a pretty inspiring weekend for me. Last night some church friends came to our house to make some banana medley for their fundraising activity. It was fun coz i liked doing those stuff, i like learning new recipes. Anyways, at around 10 pm, after they have eaten dinner they headed back home except for Ate Neth and so here's where the story begins.

Ate Neth, is one of our youth leaders and she's the one who always calls me and checks up on me, LeeAnn, musta ka na? how's life?school? and the like...nweiz, so there we are at the dining table, me, my sis, & ate neth talking about life. There's a lot to tell & share but i think it just boils down to one thing: never ever forget your main thing despite the toxicity of school works (in my case). Stay connected to your main thing and everything else will come accordingly. What's that main thing you may ask? It's your personal connection with Him. That talk was like a reminder or should i say a wake up call from up above. We finished that talk at the dining table at around 1 a.m. with a prayer and it just felt great! But the talking did not end there coz Ate Neth spent the night in our house coz it was pretty late and it was not a good idea for her to go home by herself at that time. So we went up to our room and Ate Neth went on... now this time it's one of the topics girls always have in their talks...hehe So the talking went on till 3am but i was so sleepy that i didn't realize that i fell asleep and wasn't able to hear the rest of the story. Sis told me that i was sleeping so deeply and the story ended at around 3:30 am.

Now, another inspiring and motivational thing...at church this morning the pastor's preaching was about "unconquered dreams". We all have our own dreams in life, dreams for ourselves, dreams for our family, dreams for our church, community, & for our country. And he pointed out 3 points in having unconquered dreams, first is that unconquered dreams have no excuses, second, it goes beyond its boundaries, and lastly, it has no limits. He then told the congregation about a story of this blind man who was able to climb the highest mountain in the world, go scuba & sky diving, para gliding and all sorts of activites that you wouldn't imagine a blind man doing, that amazing guy is Erik Weihenmayer (check out the video in this link & be inspired by Mr. Erik). There's this other guy too Kyle Maynard who did not take his being a handicap as a hindrance for him to live a normal life. Click his name and read his biography and you'll see what i'm talking about.

You see, these guys are what society calls the "disabled", but looking into their lives they certainly are far from being disabled. They did not make their handicapness an excuse for them to do the things they wanted, they went beyond the boundaries, and they certainly did not have any limitations. We should all be like an Eric Weinmayer & Kyle Maynard, who see things beyond borders.

To end this entry, here's a quote by the famous Helen Keller :

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.


link | posted by Lee-Ann at 3:46 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 3:41 AM~  

best regards, nice info Ad hilton paris perfume Drove from paris to the hilton lawsuit michael vick tennis racket coloring pictures msi video capture card isuzu vehicross for sale england fiberglass porsche used chevrolet aveo and montgomery county md Shaved and pussy or pussies 1993 lexus sc400 parts free pictures mature naked women mature nude women photos Teen lesbians going at it hard internet hosting Paris and nikki hilton pic gallery lamictal Ichiro world baseball japan 2000 acura tl review Ultram and drug test

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela