No one knows the mysteries of life or its ultimate meaning, but for those who are willing to believe in their dreams and in themselves, life is a precious gift in which anything is possible.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila/Cavite, Philippines

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size But when I start to tell them, They think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms The span of my hips, The stride of my step, The curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That's me.

Mood of the Day: The current mood of labe214 at www.imood.com

Previous Posts Co-Bloggers B L U R B S
Hang-Out Sites Picturesque
    www.flickr.com
    kaili_alana's photos More of kaili_alana's photos
What's the TIME?
The WeatherPixie Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Set Free to Take Risks

Last night i was crying so hard that i couldn't concentrate anymore on what i was studying...wanna know why? coz yesterday when i asked my prof about my removal exam in biochem lab, she told me that i might not make it coz she checked the first part of my exam and most of my answers were wrong!!! Then she asked me to come back again today coz she haven't checked it all yet... with hearing that comment from her..i was so depressed..i thought i would make it na coz i really studied very hard for that exam and i was 85% confident that i'll pass it and then ganun na lng...syempre cno ndi maddepress nun? I only told joyce my problem and she juz said u better pray hard for it! At first, i was a bit hesitant coz nahihiya na ako to pray..coz i only pray seriously when i've got big problems...(i know most of us are like that..we juz come to HIM if we're experiencing storms in our life, db?)..but still i became honest with HIM..i told HIM that, here i am again with a request...and i want a positive answer to that..i was demanding HIM to grant my request..then bigla ko na lng sinabi..i know whatever man un outcome..i should accept it..pero Lord, please i really beg you to let me pass that exam...i was alone in my room crying and begging God..and then until i finally gave up and said..Lord, bahala na po kau..i guess i juz have to accept whatever is Your will...so i continued studying but still i was not in peace...i was being anxious and scared of what God's answer will be to my prayer.However, after having my quiet time before i went to sleep, i was so happy coz i knew what i had read was what God wanted me to know, HE was speaking to me...

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because
fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.(1 John 4:18)

God enables us to do His will, and His presence, peace, power, and provision guarantee our achieving His end.
In "Telling Yourself the Truth", author William Backus addresses the lack of cinfidence that paralyzes many Christians:

The misbelief that it is stupid or sinful to make decisions which might turn out
wrong is unfounded. We're told to be wise as serpents, harmless as doves. Wisdom
does not mean acting in fear or cowardice.
Perfect love casts out fear means to us that the love of God has wiped out the power
of fear over our lives if we will u se God's methods of conquering it. "Cast your
fears [cares] on Me!" He explains. "Give them to Me! I know what to do with them." It
is this way we are set free to take risks.
Then whether we succeed or fail is not our utmost concern. We are not enslaved
by fear of negative results. We willingly allow ourselves possible failure, posible negative
results. Painful fear and anxiety no longer play a dominant role in our lives.
The Christian walking by the Spirit, in the will of God, can trust that outcomes of his
actions in faith are totally in the hands of the Father. The truth for the Christians is that
disaster, catastrophe, or utter defeat cannot occur. WE have no business thinking on those terms! God never fails.

After reading that, i told Him i was sorry for not trusting Him and i casted all my fears, cares and worries to Him. But honestly, while i was taking my exam in physics, that was still on my mind and sobrang kinakabahan na ako when i was finally going to approach her..Jeff went with me and he told me he can feel un kaba ko..then pagdating nun prof ko..then sbi nya.."OK NA!!! u've made it..binawi mo naman pla sa later part ng exam.." with hearing that..i was so happy and napaluha nga ako eh coz i remembered God's promise to me..HE really do keep His promises to us...HE never fails!!!!


link | posted by Lee-Ann at 8:25 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela