No one knows the mysteries of life or its ultimate meaning, but for those who are willing to believe in their dreams and in themselves, life is a precious gift in which anything is possible.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila/Cavite, Philippines

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size But when I start to tell them, They think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms The span of my hips, The stride of my step, The curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That's me.

Mood of the Day: The current mood of labe214 at www.imood.com

Previous Posts Co-Bloggers B L U R B S
Hang-Out Sites Picturesque
    www.flickr.com
    kaili_alana's photos More of kaili_alana's photos
What's the TIME?
The WeatherPixie Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Friday, October 29, 2004

RESOUND...REVERBERATE...RESONATE!!!

This is a one fine day!

I woke up at around 7am when joyce came home from dawnwatch and told me to get up coz we'll be decorating / arranging the conference room for the band that will be performing tonight! So we arranged the room in such a way that they would be comfortable enough to sit back, enjoy, and relax. We turned a conference room into a cozy living room with an ambience wherein you just wanted to lie down the whole day. Then the Ethereal Band came early to do their sound checks and we were rushing the room already but it turned out alright!

THE MAIN EVENT: We reached MP at around 7pm and the program started 'round 8pm. It started with the house music of Dennis Chua. He is one of the pioneering DJs of the country. I've got a chance to hear his testimony last April and he looks different now. The last time i saw him, i was doubting the intro 'bout him , they told he was a youth but he looks more of a yuppie BUT tonight he really looked like a youth. He has a different hairstyle now: semi-kalbo and his outfit is that of a youth! hehe . After that, was the "the Ethereal " with Sunny Conde as their lead singer. they did a line up of songs from different decades from the 60s to the ealry 80s. This band's so good. Ate Sunny(feeling close 'no?) has this really nice and very cool voice ! Well last Dec they also performed during our youth night and me and Jane interviewed them...hehe kya close kmi!!! After that sis Anne DinKong (not sure with the surname but it sounds like that) gave a short message 'bout music,since this night was all about MUSIC and she mentioned some of the famous musicians of all times...like Beethoven, Johannes Sebastian Bach, and Arethra Franklin! It gave me a deeper understanding of what a soul,R&B,blues,jazz, and classical music is, it now made me appreciate this kind of songs! After that, the Ethereal band came back and did another line up of songs, now of the late 80s, 90s, and the present. Then, came the most fun part: DJ Dennis played more of his house music and then ate eve and kuya bong started groovin' on the floor and then came us: the youths... hehe I didn't dance that much, i was just there and swayin' a bit and takin' pictures ... haha So that's just about it! We went home when Kuya Ej and Ate Eve offered us a ride... what a fine day!


link | posted by Lee-Ann at 11:55 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela