No one knows the mysteries of life or its ultimate meaning, but for those who are willing to believe in their dreams and in themselves, life is a precious gift in which anything is possible.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila/Cavite, Philippines

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size But when I start to tell them, They think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms The span of my hips, The stride of my step, The curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That's me.

Mood of the Day: The current mood of labe214 at www.imood.com

Previous Posts Co-Bloggers B L U R B S
Hang-Out Sites Picturesque
    www.flickr.com
    kaili_alana's photos More of kaili_alana's photos
What's the TIME?
The WeatherPixie Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Friday, August 12, 2005

Learn from your mistakes...something worth learning

Life has indeed thought me a lot of lessons. Lessons learned from your parents, family, friends, mentors, and even your class lessons, they all contribute to the being you've become. If before i dreaded "failures", i now see the beauty it brings to one's life and that is if you really looked at its beauty. I've learned that failures brings out the BEST in you! I need not explain further, i guess the statement says it all.

As a 4th yr college student (and i can't even believe it! feeling ko kc 4th yr HS pa rin ako...), there's this feeling of "WoWness" (if there's such a word!) because of the thought that u could now enter the corporate world and the like, you would start earning bucks and would actually feel that you're really helping your family & your country. But in my case, that wouldn't be applicable yet since i've got 5 more years in med school and only then would i feel the "WoWness". Nevertheless, i'd still be graduating from my Biology course on March 2007 and somehow still feel d' "WOW" factor of a fresh college graduate. Why 2007? you may ask. Well due to a "failure" in my Biostat subject last year, i've reaped the consequences..take note: that's both good & bad. Bad, because i won't be graduating on time, duh?! Good, because i won't be saying what i've mentioned earlier about "failures" if i didn't experienced this stuff. Though, at the beginning of the sem, i thought i would cope up with all the pre-requisite subjects and make it on time, but the Dept. of Biology noticed our records (irreg students) and some of us weren't allowed to take BIO 199 (Research Methodology), which is a pre-requisite for BIO 200 (Thesis). Thus, making me & J (my thesis parnter) a 2007 graduates. Sabi nga ni J, with a 3 unit subject for the 1st sem of SY 06-07 and 2 units on the 2nd sem, dapat lng best thesis na kmi! Sana nga!
Oh well, moving on... i still belong to batch 2006 by heart..oh yeaaahhh! That's why that explains the grad pics and yearbook stuff i've been mentioning in my previous post.And speaking of yearbooks, we all know that students gets to choose a person/s close to them to write nice stuff to put in that precious yearbook...hehe.. i asked the two most special boys/men in my life...naks! My Dad & my bro, Jay-z and here's an edited version of their combined work:

Elegance and simplicity define the lady Jubilee Ann
Espiritu. She is her parents' pride, her sisters'
confidant, her brother's princess, and her younger
sister's best friend. She is a natural charmer,
friendly, honest, God-fearing, and responsible.

LeeAnn has grown stronger, wiser, and better grounded.
She has outlived all her insecurities and developed
her self-confidence. Who would have ever thought that
she would survive four years in UP Manila, away from
her parents, and miles apart from the peaceful and
secure land she once called home. It was in Abu Dhabi,
UAE, where LeeAnn grew and studied, till she left to
pursue a career in medicine here in the Philippines.

She holds that the most important factor in her life
is not merely in learning but in having the right
attitude towards self improvement and development.
She sees the value of continued growth and she sharpens
her powers of discernment, training herself to be
observant of the world around her, hoping that this
will lead to her success and the realization of her
dreams and ambitions. She acknowledges that without
God, who has been the Ultimate source of strength in her
life, there wouldn't be a LeeAnn like her in this world, the
best dermatologist of the Philippine archipelago in the future.

Thanks a bunch Daddy & Jay-z...hehehe love you guys!!!


link | posted by Lee-Ann at 3:17 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela