No one knows the mysteries of life or its ultimate meaning, but for those who are willing to believe in their dreams and in themselves, life is a precious gift in which anything is possible.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila/Cavite, Philippines

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size But when I start to tell them, They think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms The span of my hips, The stride of my step, The curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That's me.

Mood of the Day: The current mood of labe214 at www.imood.com

Previous Posts Co-Bloggers B L U R B S
Hang-Out Sites Picturesque
    www.flickr.com
    kaili_alana's photos More of kaili_alana's photos
What's the TIME?
The WeatherPixie Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Mountain Experience

Just when the muslims celebrated their "Eid Al Fitr", which marks the end of their 40-day fasting or otherwise known as "Ramadan", we, youths on the other hand, had our prayer and fasting at Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain at Antipolo, Rizal.

We left Cavite Sunday night and reached the prayer mt. at around 10pm. When we went out of the van, we were amazed when we looked at the sky because of the countless stars that were shining so ever brightly.

So, we had our sharings,some inspiring talks from Ate Donna and Kuya Abet, and a lot of praying! I was able to share with my group those things i'm goin' through and while Ate Agnes gave some comforting and encouraging words, i couldn't stop those tears again! So that session lasted till 1 AM and we were sent to our own dorms to take some rest. I had a wonderful and peaceful rest.It was cold and to think there's no AC juz like in Tagaytay...sarap tumira dun! I alarmed my phone at 5:30 AM coz we'll be having our "Morning Watch" at 6:30 i thought..they changed it pala to 7:30. So i juz prepared myself and went out to enjoy the cool breeze of fresh air with Avi. Then around 7, Ate Jazzie talked to us youth and said that we'll meet at the conference room at 7:30 and for now we juz take the time to be with God na and avoid being with our friends...so Avi and I said to each other..."off muna ang buddy mode ha!" So i spent that time reading my Bible and enjoying the scenery. At the conference room, like i said, we had our morning watch. Ate Donna gave a short talk on how to communicate with God. She said," we always think that it's hard, but it's not! Let's not make it complicated...God is there and He's just waiting for you..." After that, they toured us around the prayer mountain and showed to us the prayer cells, prayer garden, the lagoon, etc. It really is SUPERB!!!

My encounter with God:
After everything, we were given the time till 1 PM to do what we want to do, but of course that means we have to spend it with God. So,me and Avi headed to the prayer cells and i was so excited to meet with God but as soon as i went inside the prayer cell, I didn't know how to start or what to do. Then suddenly, i just started worshipping God through singing (yeah i sung, si God naman un eh...hehe ndi ako nahihiya sa kanya kahit out of tune ako!). Then, i poured out everything to Him, actually i didn't concentrate on my prayer concerns, it is more of seeking God's presence, wanting to feel Him, and know that He really is there with me. I wanted to have a serious walk with Him, not an "on and off relationship" that i usually have. With that, He spoke to me through the passages of of Isaiah 40: 28-31

" Do you not know? Have you not heard?The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.HE will not grow tired or weary,and His understanding no one can fahtom.He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall;but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint."

When i went out of the prayer cell, it was already 11 AM and i didn't even realized it and then i continued reading scriptures at the prayer garden and after that i went back to the dorm and saw Avi and some of the girls taking a nap. I wanted to take a nap too, but i decided to visit the lib and read some books.So i went to the lib and i was the only one there and the librarian but around 12PM she reminded me of the time and i knew it's time to go out! So i went back to the dorm and took a 15 minute nap. Then we packed our things and headed to the convenarium for another sharing session. We basically shared about our personal encounter with God and it's nice to know that God deals with us in different ways. In Naniel's case,he shared with us that God dealt with him while taking a shower.He also gave an illustration with the heater. The heater was not functioning and he had no choice but to bear the icy cold water and he realized, that's the feeling of being cold with God. In his case kasi, he feels empty kasi..plain empty! He said, "the heater is our communication with God and when it's dysfunctional, we become cold..a feeling we won't like!"
After that sharing time, it was time for our breaking..chow time! Know what? i didn't felt any hunger and i'm so glad cause this was my first time to fast seriously because the previous fasting that i had, i always look at the time and see if it's time to eat na. I forgot the real reason why we fast, but thank God He let me understand the meaning of fasting now: it is emptying ourselves, not thinking of anything and just be still and know that He is God!

This was my mountain experience...a refreshing, reviving and revitalizing experience with God! I'm now back at my battle field and anytime soon i'll be attacked again, but knowing and holding on to God's promises to me, i know i will be fine, i'll win all those battles and i'll never be defeated by my attackers because God's by my side!


link | posted by Lee-Ann at 11:00 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 9:10 PM~  

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! michael jacksons plastic surgeons penis length with plastic reconstructive surgery The best undelete software Toy live puppies western ny and pa area Vacation cooking schools in sedona arizona Vicodin hydrocodone order Pics of butalbital Phones+plans+cingular+wireless 3m dental products Malinda transsexualchicago transvestite Hard drive clone zwalczanie cellulitis Slotted shim washers 1986 skyhawk buick Cosmetic surgeons in nova scotia

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela